петък, 20 декември 2013 г.

Al Jarreau - Glow (1976)


Format: flac + cue + log
Genre: Jazz, Funk, Soul
Original Release Date: 1976
Label: Reprise Records



by Dave Van Der Spank
"Why should I work at 100% when I sell only 10% of the records with it" Jarreau once asked himself. Still, we are lucky he once did, proven by records like "Glow". The nicest track is the title song, which shows his most velvet style of jazz singing. "Aqua De Beber" adds some latin, "Hold on me" is a superb a-capella bit, while "Rainbow In Your Eyes", "Have You Seen The Child" and "Milwaukee" give the Funk it's full space. Unlike most of his later records this one is consistent, warm, even with the song Milwaukee, and made just for the sake of good music. His later records still feature highlights, though they are accompanied by loads of fillers. "Tenderness" is almost on par with this one though...


A Music Fan
A friend of mine turned me on to this LP Back in high school we'd trade discoveries and when he hit me with this, I was blown away. I rushed out and got "We Got By" and liked it just as much. Both of these albums are five stars as far as I'm concerned and completely blow away the later stuff that he did which turned in the direction of sappy, Pop oriented, "radio-friendly" pap. This album cooks, sways and grooves, and is a must for fans. Go for that deal where you get both of the above mentioned for under $20, and you won't be disappointed...


Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар